Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2
MMANA-GAL / Software issue?
« Last post by Magnusmd on 26 October 2021, 21:49:23 »
I was -on a whim- testing out how to make the Chameleon tactical deltaloop in MMANA - it does not compute. It is a deltaloop with a 5:1 unun with about 5.1 meter legs and a 7.62 meter wire across with a 90 degree angle at the base. As I understand it -no coils- just an unun/balun. According to MMANA, this antenna should not work as advertised, it will only work on 14 MHz and higher, not on 7.15 og on 3.6 MHz.

Any idea as to why it works? Is MMANA flawed?
MMANA-GAL / Off-center fed dipole
« Last post by wedgef5 on 01 August 2021, 20:49:59 »
I'm trying to sort out the correct way to define the feed point of a 40m OCFD. I think I need to either do it as two wires with the feed point at the end of one, or perhaps three wires with very short one in the center fed in the middle. Maybe there is no difference in these two approaches?

Does anyone have suggestions?

73, Matt
N0EYE
MMANA-GAL / Re: Antenna Array Design
« Last post by M0MCX on 28 April 2021, 12:18:28 »
Hey, I am probably too late for you - and I am slightly confused if all the elements can be driven (a feedpoint on both elements for say a 2-element phased yagi).

However, draw say 2 x dipole elements on the ground (Z=0)

Feed one of them.

Make height = 15m (half a wavelength)

Calculate > Start

View far field plot

The three main variables that will affect your plot will be a) heights above ground b) different element lengths and c) distance between elements

Height will change the angle (you are aiming for 30 degrees)
The element sizes will change the gain, SWR
Distance between elements will mostly change SWR and F/B ratio

Anyway, I am probably too late - but good luck.

Callum
DX Commander
MMANA-GAL / Re: HELLO
« Last post by M0MCX on 28 April 2021, 12:11:04 »
Hello Sigi - and everyone.

I have made a LOT of YouTube videos about MMANA. Some of it good - some of it not so good!

I enjoy getting people excited about the fun computer modelliing has to offer amateur radio operators, particularly far-field plots.

Many people question me about the accuracy of the MININEC engine. Is there a good reply I might be able to give them?

Thank you - everyone in the community.

Callum.

MMANA-GAL / Antenna Array Design
« Last post by ajiqnomoto on 10 February 2021, 15:44:10 »
Hi, I would like to seek help for this particular problem. Can anyone guide me on how to design this antenna array on MMANA-GAL ?

Frequency                : 10.1MHz
Peak of beam           : 30 degree
Number of elements : min. 2 max. 6

The number of elements, the distance between elements, and the phase shift are determined to get the best performance of the antenna.
« Last post by ajiqnomoto on 10 February 2021, 15:30:32 »
Hello! Thank you for the great software that helps me graduate.

Warm greetings from Malaysia!
MMANA-GAL / Re: UNITS IN FEET
« Last post by Jay on 11 January 2021, 03:32:21 »
THANKS Igor
That is time saving!
When I get the wire lengths, etc. in the VIEW data then I seem to have to use a converter or calculator to get into Feet but your information was VERY useful.
« Last post by Igor Gontcharenko on 03 January 2021, 09:04:54 »
The special constants can be use in the wire table:
I  – 1 inch
F  –  foot

Example:
    30*F    = 30 feet
    15*I    = 15 inches

It is too problematic to use Feet-Imper system in the all windows. Because when you open not your own *maa  file (for example, from the /ANT folder)  and switch Metric - Feet Imper (or vice versa) units, you will get a long non-rounded values.
« Last post by ve3sqb on 02 January 2021, 20:30:17 »
Hello Jay   I have a dozen programs for designing antennas. They all have an option for metric or imperial measurements. I noticed this problem many years ago where the world is metric BUT the USA does have a very large number of amateurs.    Al    ve3sqb.com
« Last post by vk7jj on 01 January 2021, 07:28:30 »
Thanks for the invite to the new site, thanks Igor for all your efforts!

Love MMANA since stumbling across it in 2006.  It's been inspirational and great fun.

73 from Tasmania

Phil
Pages: [1] 2