Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
MMANA-GAL / basic v3.5.3.82 won't run in windows 11
« Last post by TrevorGregory on 11 February 2024, 06:01:52 »
Hi,

downloaded the latest version and installed in windows 11. Tried to run the application and nothing happens. I looked in the windows logs and it says the application crashed.

uninstall / reinstall / reboot / etc and nothing works. Windows 11 is patched, up to date, no errors, etc.

Would appreciate help
MMANA-GAL / GROUND SETUP
« Last post by eddie54 on 17 December 2023, 14:59:25 »
Hello everybody
I am a new user .I was using ground setup,but certain thinks I can not undestand. Is there any complete tutorial of this topic ?
For example : what is the meaning of ( R) or ( X ) in the pop up table or height ( m ). Why exist severals rows in the table.
Thank you very much. Greetings
MMANA-GAL / MMANA Load Table
« Last post by BobB on 12 December 2023, 02:48:01 »
Can anyone provide me with a link to how to input and use the Load Table?
David,

I read your post, when seeking help on my issue = prior to registering and the posting my own 'observation'. I also read the interesting article in your link - thanks.

This article has in it a screen grab with the x-axis to be 'up the page', i.e. as it is on screen now - not as it was when I did screen grabs - in Dec 2021.

This adds to my confusion - in a historical sense.

Thought I would reply to you - as your post was the closest I could find related to my issue, 73
MMANA-GAL / 3D Frame of Reference (Cartesian verses Polar Co-ordinates)
« Last post by G3OJL on 30 April 2023, 12:44:22 »
A couple of years ago I downloaded Version 3.0.0.31. It was great fun to re-evaluate my understanding of some simple electromagnetics.

However,  my real reason purpose for MMANA was to confirm my thoughts on an inverted -V dipole that I had planned to erect.  Again, great, I produced far field polar diagrams for it's half-wavelength  frequency (7MHz) plus 10 and 14MHz. At the time, I took a 'screen grab' for each and inserted them into a Word document. (Interesting antenna - because of it's configuration (strong Vee and close to the ground), it has two strong 'dipole like far field polar diagrams', one for horizontal and one for vertical polarization.)

Now,  after using the antenna almost daily, I would like to raise it's height by a metre. So, to give a better scaling size for the comparison, I thought to print it's far field diagrams.

Hello ???, the prints threw me - because the lobes had changed (geographically).  Then, on the print (be it a pdf, or hard copy - or portrait or landscape) I noticed that  the 'x-axis' had changed - from the conventional vector ('across the page' - to the right) to 'up the page'.

On my screen grabs the x-axis was 'as convention' - equals to the right.  On my 'saved' web-manual page  http://gal-ana.de/basicmm/en/#13  it shows a screen dump - just like the ones I saved.

I had entered the original antenna data as geographically orientated. My wire is North to South so, what I saw was - what I was expecting - the horizontal polar minima were also N-S (on the screen) .

Assuming there was a 'glitch' on my version I have just downloaded  Version  3.5.3.82. Now, I notice that the x-axis on the screen has changed to be also 'up the page'.

I can obviously live with the x-axis 'up the page' - by re-entering my data. However as an observation, it seems that MMANA does not now align with  any data entered geographically (or mathematical convention) - and that with Version 3.0.0.31, it only did so 'on the screen'.

I wonder if any one else has noticed this (change) in orientation ??

Great software though - thanks !!
MMANA-GAL / Re: Online Polygon Data Generator for MMANA-GAL .MAA Files
« Last post by F5SWN on 27 February 2023, 21:32:56 »
Sadly (for my purposes) it assumes only a single-turn type loop

Hi,
I am the author of this generator and I just added this option : It is now possible to create a loop with several turns and of course define the spacing between each of them.

I also added a button to copy the code and a 2D overview following the code generated. I hope this little generator will be useful to those who like to play with the loops  ;) (like me...)

Best 73's

https://www.f5swn.fr/en/?F5SWN/Construction/Polygon-for-MMANA
MMANA-GAL / ERROR OPTIMIZING
« Last post by Francisco Salvat on 21 February 2023, 12:46:09 »
WHEN I WANT TO OPTIMIZE A PASS BAND I GET THE FOLLOWING ERROR, DOES SOMEONE HAVE THE SOLUTION, IT ONLY HAPPENS WITH THE LAST UPDATE OF MMANA

MMANA-GAL / Re: Simulation in free space & on the Ground
« Last post by Francisco Salvat on 21 February 2023, 12:25:58 »
I agree with you, it's a problem with all programs, the same thing happens to MMANA, they always give height gain even if you put hundreds of kilometers, it's not real data, what counts is in free space. Regards
MMANA-GAL / Install language
« Last post by pirmasens on 02 January 2023, 00:02:09 »
How do i install the basic GAL program in english? It only installs in German with no language choice.
MMANA-GAL PRO / calculation engine
« Last post by Francisco Salvat on 21 December 2022, 16:53:20 »
I would like to know what calculation engine uses the version pro,mininec,nec2,nec4 ????,thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8