Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
MMANA-GAL / Re: Optimising Yagi Deflector Spacing
« Last post by kdm on 17 April 2024, 23:02:02 »
Any file. Let's pick the one here: http://gal-ana.de/forum/index.php/topic,45.0.html
If I go to Calculate / Optimization / All elements then add an extra row of type Element (by default, it does position1, Int, Associated 0 ...
If I hit "Start" I get "Cannot Change parameter."

MMANA-GAL / Re: Yagi with a metal boom
« Last post by kdm on 17 April 2024, 22:58:57 »
Thank you.
I'm more confused now. the metal, non-insulate boom is effectively a wire joining all the elements.
I looked at the boom correction window and, having selected the non-insulated boom, my only option is "Cancel".
Sorry. Still stuck.
MMANA-GAL / Re: Yagi with a metal boom
« Last post by Igor Gontcharenko on 17 April 2024, 21:14:05 »
The model is incorrect. No crossing of wires is allowed.

And in any case, a boom in the form of a single wire cannot be correctly accounted. To be correctly accounted for, the thick traverse must be described as a wire cylinder (see antennas 61 and 62 at http://dl2kq.de/mmana/4-3-10.htm).  But this requires a lot of time and effort.

A simpler way to account for the influence of the traverse is to use the boom correction window (Main menu > Tools > HF components > Boom correction).
MMANA-GAL / Re: Optimising Yagi Deflector Spacing
« Last post by Igor Gontcharenko on 17 April 2024, 21:00:43 »
1) The Stacked Inteural option works only for antennas created in the Make Stack window (button on the main toolbar).
2) Please attach the  *.maa file on which this is observed and a screenshot of the optimization window.
MMANA-GAL / Yagi with a metal boom
« Last post by kdm on 17 April 2024, 17:08:56 »
Hi.

I've designed a Yagi. It's optimised (by element length only) but it works really well.

Now I'd like to swap out the (plastic) boom for an aluminium one. The elements would be touching the boom.

If I add a metal boom, intersecting the elements, I get nasty red text:

Optim. Gain:34.2% F/B:26.8% jX:33.6% SWR:5.4%
0 sec

THE CALCULATION WAS INTERRUPTED.

I don't understand what it means or what I've done wrong.

Can anyone assist, please?
MMANA-GAL / Optimising Yagi Deflector Spacing
« Last post by kdm on 17 April 2024, 17:02:36 »

Hi.

I'm new to this software and I'm trying to use it to optimise a 70cm Yagi design. I have quite a good design with 7 elements appx .45 lambda long and .22 lambda apart, with SWR 11. In optimising mode, the software seems to prefer to optimise only the element lengths.

Most recently, I've read http://adarc.co.uk/pdf/MMANA_article.pdf, and it seems to indicate that I can get the software to also optimise the intervals, except that I can't seem to select the option. There are two things I don't understand:

1) When I add an element to the Optimise list, "stack interval" is greyed out
2) If I select the element and its "Int." property, when I run the optimisation, it says "Cannot change this parameter."

Is it possible with the -GAL version? Can anyone offer an assist, please?

Thanks.
MMANA-GAL / Re: Telescopic Vertical
« Last post by Igor Gontcharenko on 16 April 2024, 21:17:33 »
Wire 1 in your model not connected with ground.
See attach.

...and use radius -1 for telescopic wire. Your radius 10 is simlpe tube.
MMANA-GAL / Telescopic Vertical
« Last post by S52CQ on 14 April 2024, 14:49:48 »
Hi Igor,
thanks for providing asnwer at email reflector. I did follow your instruction:

1. Set correct description your telescopic whip as:  tab Geometry > Column Radius > right mouse click > Taper wire set > Write Radius -1 (yes, minus 1) and describe your telescopic tube sequence. Then go back to the geometry tab and set the vertical radius to -1.

2. Set on checkbox "Use load" in tab Geometry.

When I run that in MMANA-GAL SW then I get impossible numbers, so it must be something wrong with my input. Would you care to check attached file please.

Best 73s de S52CQ, Jure
MMANA-GAL / basic v3.5.3.82 won't run in windows 11
« Last post by TrevorGregory on 11 February 2024, 06:01:52 »
Hi,

downloaded the latest version and installed in windows 11. Tried to run the application and nothing happens. I looked in the windows logs and it says the application crashed.

uninstall / reinstall / reboot / etc and nothing works. Windows 11 is patched, up to date, no errors, etc.

Would appreciate help
MMANA-GAL / GROUND SETUP
« Last post by eddie54 on 17 December 2023, 14:59:25 »
Hello everybody
I am a new user .I was using ground setup,but certain thinks I can not undestand. Is there any complete tutorial of this topic ?
For example : what is the meaning of ( R) or ( X ) in the pop up table or height ( m ). Why exist severals rows in the table.
Thank you very much. Greetings
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8